About Carissa Spada
Carissa Spada, Life Coach, R.Y.T, LMT
My superpower is providing you comfort on your journey through my gifts of loving kindness, gratitude, and intuition.
I’ve humbly walked the stepping stones this journey called “Life” brings to all of us.
My weight loss of 90 pounds started a healing and wellness journey over 20 years ago that has continued to grow, expand and inspire me to guide others in their own healing. I have known tremendous grief and sorrow and rejoiced in moments of absolute elation and bliss–this makes me deeply human and filled with empathy for other souls.
While finding grace and ease can still occasionally feel elusive, my yoga practice, my study of yogic principles, and my coaching training have allowed me to navigate through challenging (at times very challenging) life experiences.
It is these experiences that call forth my purpose to support and help others. I invite you to join me.
To name just a few of my passions: meditation, hiking, exploring healthy food cafes, attending plays, comedy shows and live storytelling events, playing bingo, card nights with friends, live music events, and dancing.
What makes my heart sing is the privilege of being married to my soul mate, life partner and amazing husband and the honor of being called “Mom” by our beautiful, blended tribe of 5 children, ages 3 to 22. I am eternally grateful for these precious gifts (and the gifts of my mother, father and brother) that have been bestowed upon me.
- Yoga Alliance Registered Yoga Teacher (#34372) — 2002
- Licensed Massage Therapist (CT License #003762) — 2004
- Professional Member American Massage Therapy Association (ID#162792)
- Bloom School Life Mastery Coaching Program Graduate — 2010
- Facilitating Support groups for Resolve New England – Peer Leader
- CT BRCA Positive Women’s Support Group- Organizer
- Have A Heart Sandwich Program- Weekly bologna delivery (someone’s gotta do it!)
Workshops, Series and
Classes that I lead
- Life Coaching- Private and Group
- Weekend Women’s Wellness Retreat
- Optimal Fertility Yoga Series
- Yoga for Weight Loss Series
- Optimal Health Workshop
- Optimizing Fertility Through Wellness and Beyond
- Couples Workshop
- Restorative Yoga Workshop
- Vision Board Workshop
- Mindfulness and Meditation Workshop/Classes
- Yoga for Grief
- Yoga Classes- Private, Group and Series
- Including private groups (bridal party yoga, birthday and other milestone yoga, intro to yoga for you and your friends and so much more)
- Lectures/Speeches (wellness topics) to various groups, businesses and organizations
- Life Mastery Certification Program
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction Course
- Ashtanga Yoga Teacher Training with: David Swenson, Beryl Bender Birch
- Connecticut Center for Massage Therapy School- Medical Massage Program
- Sacred Rivers Yoga 200Hr Teacher Training
- Healing Tools of Energy Medicine
- Stress & Metabolism
- Inflammation, Chronic Illness, and the Brain
- Anatomy Trains for Yoga
- Reinventing Mid Life
- Myofascial Release
- Food Cravings, Habits and Emotions
- Jivamukti Yoga with Sharon Gannon and David Life
Words of Wisdom
I leave you with words I grew up hearing from my mother:
“All is Well.”
I always believed in these words, like a mantra. Until life’s challenges overwhelmed me–and I stopped believing.
Those challenges became my greatest gifts. They taught me how to support others in the understanding that even though life may not be how we want it (and it may never be how we want it), we can still find peace, wellness, wholeness and happiness among what is and what is not.
“All is Well.”
I thank my mother for these powerful words that I hold dear, keep close and connect with on a daily basis. I hope they support you, too.
“All is Well.”